Phoenix business law attorney Martin R. Galbut
Martin R. Galbut is a native of Miami, Florida, and received his B.S. from Northwestern University in 1968 and his J.D., cum laude, in 1971.
Mr. Galbut has been selected to The Best Lawyers in America for Securities Law and Business/Commercial Litigation, and profiled in Super Lawyers as a business litigator. Mr. Galbut has been “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell for over 20 years, and is listed in Pre-eminent Lawyers in America, Corporate Counsel’s “Best Lawyers: Business Litigation", AZ Business Magazine's "Arizona's Top Lawyers", The Phoenix Business Journal’s “Best of the Bar – Securities Law and Business Litigation”, Who’s Who in American Law, Who’s Who in America, Who’s Who in the World, and Outstanding Lawyers of America.
Mr. Galbut has been a lecturer and moderator for the State Bar of Arizona’s continuing education programs, a guest speaker on cable television’s “Law-Talk”, and a frequent panelist at professional conferences on securities, commercial real estate, and intellectual property law. He has served as a Maricopa County Superior Court Judge Pro Tem and arbitrator for both the American Arbitration Association and the National Association of Securities Dealers. He was appointed by the Governor of Arizona to serve on the Governor’s Task Force on Urban Air Quality, and by the Mayor of Phoenix to serve on the City of Phoenix Environmental Quality Commission. From 1984-1989, Mr. Galbut chaired the Arizona State Air Pollution Control Hearing Board. Mr. Galbut has published numerous articles and seminar materials in the areas of securities law, commercial real estate litigation, arbitration, and mediation.
In addition to the law, Mr. Galbut’s passions are his family, international travel, landscape painting, and collecting art and antiques.
- Northwestern University, J.D., cum laude, 1971; B.S., 1968
- State Bar of Arizona
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Commercial Litigation
- Complex Litigation
- Securities Litigation
- Antitrust Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Employment Litigation
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- Health Care Litigation
- Commercial Arbitrator, American Arbitration Association
- Arbitrator, NASD/FINRA
- State Bar of Arizona (Section on Securities Regulation)
Select Honors and Awards:
- Top 50 Arizona Lawyers, Southwest Super Lawyers, 2012
- “AV” rated by Martindale-Hubbell, 1982-2013
- Southwest Super Lawyers, 2007-2013
- Best Lawyers, Commercial Litigation, 2001-2013
- Best Lawyers, Securities Litigation, 2011-2013
- Best Lawyers, Antitrust Litigation, 2011-2013
- Best Lawyers, Banking & Finance Litigation, 2011-2013
- Best Lawyers, Intellectual Property Litigation, 2011-2013
- Best Lawyers, Real Estate Litigation, 2011-2013
- Best Lawyers, Corporate Compliance Law, 2013
- Best Lawyers, Corporate Governance Law, 2013
- Best Lawyers, Corporate Law, 2013
- Top Rated Lawyer, Labor & Employment, 2013
- Best Arizona Attorneys, Arizona Republic, 2012
- Top Lawyers, AZ Business Magazine, 2012
- Leading Lawyers, The Phoenix Business Journal, 2006
- Best of the Bar – Securities Law and Business Litigation, 2005
- Outstanding Lawyers of America, 2003
If you would like to contact Martin R. Galbut, he can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.