Keith R. Galbut
- Email Keith R. Galbut ›
Phoenix business lawyer Keith R. Galbut
Keith R. Galbut has considerable expertise in negotiating and drafting complex corporate and real estate transactions, including corporate formation and governance documents, contracts, employment agreements, leases, and licensing agreements. Mr. Galbut oversees Galbut & Galbut’s banking and lending practice and is regularly involved in protecting his clients’ rights in commercial and real estate disputes. Mr. Galbut also devotes a substantial portion of his practice to international business law.
Mr. Galbut is on the Board of Directors and the President-Elect of the Phoenix Committee on Foreign Relations. He is also a Member of the Board of Directors of Esperança, a non-profit international health organization and Advance Guatemala, a non-profit international organization focusing on children issues in Guatemala.
In 2009, Mr. Galbut was honored with the “AV” rating by Martindale-Hubbell (the highest rating for legal ability and ethical standards). Mr. Galbut has been recognized by AZ Business Magazine as one of Arizona’s top lawyers in 2008, 2009, and 2010. In 2005, Mr. Galbut was selected as an “Up-and Coming Attorney” by bizAZ magazine, and in 2017 Mr. Galbut was featured in Arizona Executive Magazine’s Legends of Law (pages 14-17). He has been honored with the “’AZ’s Finest” (2001) and “AZ’s FUTURE Award” (2009) for his contributions to the community and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and is the Chairman for Cystic Fibrosis Great Strides Walk (2010 and 2011). He is also a frequent contributor to the Phoenix Business Journal, AZ Business Magazine, and KNFN radio.
Mr. Galbut is a Phoenix native and received his B.A. in Economics from Emory University in 1997. He earned his Masters in International Management (MIM/MBA) in 2001 from the Thunderbird School of Global Management. In 2003, Mr. Galbut obtained his J.D. with a focus in international and corporate law from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University. In addition, Mr. Galbut studied international law and business transactions at the University of Geneva, Geneva, Switzerland, and the Emmanuel College, Cambridge University, Cambridge, England.
Prior to law school, Mr. Galbut was a consultant to the Strategic Finance and Economics Group of a multinational accounting and consulting firm, and served in the Private Sector Business Development Office of the Inter-American Development Bank in Washington, D.C.
His passions are his family, international travel, civic organizations, photography, and scuba diving.
- Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University, J.D., 2003
- Thunderbird School of Global Management, M.I.M./M.B.A., 2001
- Emory University, B.A., 1997
- State Bar of Arizona
- District of Columbia Bar
- United States District Court, District of Arizona
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Commercial Transactions
- International Transactions
- Real Estate Transactions
- Commercial Landlord/Tenant
- Business Formations
- Franchise Law
- Banking & Lending
- American Bar Association (Section on International Law)
- Central Arizona Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Advanced Guatemala (Board of Directors)
- Esperança (Lifetime Board of Directors)
- International Law Association
- Maricopa County Bar Association
- Phoenix Committee on Foreign Relations (Board of Directors and President Elect)
- State Bar of Arizona (Sections on Business Law, International Law)
- Phoenix Magazine, Top Attorneys in Arizona – Business/Corporate, 2019
- Arizona Executive Magazine, Legends of Law (pages 14-17), 2017
- Best Lawyers, Business Organizations (including LLCs & Partnerships), 2018
- Best Lawyers, Business Organizations (including LLCs & Partnerships), 2016
- Best Lawyers, Closely Held Companies & Family Businesses Law, 2018
- Best Lawyers, Closely Held Companies & Family Businesses Law, 2016
- Honorary Chair – Great Strides, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 2010
- Real Estate People to Know, AZ Business Magazine, 2010
- Top Lawyers, AZ Business Magazine, 2010
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell, 2009
- FUTURE Award, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 2009
- Real Estate People to Know, AZ Business Magazine, 2009
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, Business and Corporate Law, 2014
- Top Lawyers, AZ Business Magazine, 2009
- Top Lawyers, AZ Business Magazine, 2008
- Up and Coming Attorney Award, BizAZ Magazine, 2005
- Finest Award, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, 2001
If you would like to contact Keith R. Galbut, he can be reached at [email protected].
|Martin R. Galbut|
|Olivier A. Beabeau|
|Michaile J. Berg|